Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Program instability?

Program instability?

I am noticing my tool bar going black and the dialer not being useable for days at a time and then suddenly everything is back to normal for a few days. This cycle tends to repeat. I have used ACT so much I can high light the areas I need in the backed out tool bar but not having the dialer work is a problem. Any ideas?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Program instability?

I suspect that you are having problems with depletion of system resources or video drive problems. When this happens, try restarting the computer and see if that clears the problem, if so, system resources is the problem. If you are using ACT! 2007 or 2008 that is likely caused by a file handles leak in the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0. The other thing to try is to set the video hardware acceleration to none and see if that fixes the problem. If so, check to see if there is an update for your video driver.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thank you for the feed back. It was not option one when it starts it almost never goes away.

I do use Act 2008. How can I fix the net frame problem?

I tried setting the video accelrator to zero but no change. This is terribly frustrating. :-(

Platinum Elite Contributor

Because the leak is in the Microsoft .NET Framework, there isn't any way for ACT! to actually fix the problem. However both 10.0.2 and 10.0.3 have changes to minimize the problem, the first thing I would suggest is to make sure you are updated to 10.0.3.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thank you for thesecond effort but sadly nothing changed when i just up-rev-ed to 10.0.3. Is Microsoft planning a fix?