Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product upgrade

Product upgrade

Up until recently, I have been very happy with my purchase.  I have Act for financial professionals.  However, until recently, I did not have Outlook on my computer.  I was advised by tech support that I should put it on, so my emails would work better.   So, I recently upgraded my Microsoft Office to include Outlook 2010.  However, when I conacted tech support to get help installing it, I was informed that Outlook 2010 was not compatible with Act for Financial Professionals.  When I first purchased my ACT program last year, I paid extra so that when the 2011 version came out, I would receive a free upgrade.  The 2011 Version of basic ACT has been out for several months now, but the version for Financial Professionals is not ready yet.  I was informed that the new version should fix the problem with Outlook, but they are not certain.  One of the reasons I purchased this program was so that I could send my clients emails, but I am very disappointed that I am unable to do this.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Product upgrade

Hello Professor George,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

While it is true that the updated version of ACT! for Financial Professionals has not yet been released, if you are running AFFP 2010 or 2009 - you can get ACT! to integrate with Outlook 2010 (but not with Word or Excel 2010).  Here is an article with instructions: KB Article 26713

Greg Martin
Sage

I am not even going to bother trying to read an article on this subject.  I have called twice and your professional tech support people were unable to get my ACT program to work properly with Outlook 2010.  What makes you think that by reading an article, I will be able to do better than them?

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is an inexpensive plugin that you can purchase from one of our developement partners that will allow full integration with ACT! 2010 and Office 2010. You can find it here: http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greig,

You've actually helped me in the past and have been useful; for that I do thank the community for quick responses and potential solutions.  I too have Act FFP 2010 and am anxiously waiting the upgrade.  I purchased the plugin aforementioned as a temporary bridge until 2011 release, and it is helpful for email, word, and excel integration.  However, the main functionality I'm looking for is syncing contact data.  Please don't mention "CompanionLink" for it's horrible.  I need syncing capabilities that are available in Act Pro.

My question is simple, WHEN is the 2011 For Financial Pros being released.  I've spoken to several representatives over the phone with no resolution.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I honestly have received no information as to a release date or contents for the 2011 version of AFFP, so unfortunately I have nothing to offer you at this point. When there is a confirmed update that I can share, it will posted in this forum.

Another syncing add-on option would be 123 Synchronizer. Heard that it works pretty well.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greig,

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I appreciate the offer for insight upon your receiving.

Yes, I have investigated 123 Syncronizer and feel that it's a perfect solution to what I'm looking for.  At $125 for the product and to do what ACT Pro already has the functionality for is a bit agitating as I think most would agree.  I'm just baffled that with all the third party solutions that have been out for some time, why it's taking so long for ACT to upgrade this product.  And, why has there been no communication with it's release????  I realize it's a "specialized" piece, but hence the reason I bought it; specifically conducive to my profession and again, third party solutions haven't been a problem so why can't ACT resolve?

No need to respond to the above for I know if you had answers or solutions, you would have provided.  I love the product and have been a user for years.  I upgraded to 2010 last Oct and included the 2011 upgrade in my purchase.  Sadly, just disappointed from a customer satisfaction standpoint.

Again, thank you for your help and support.