Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product tracking

Product tracking

I was wondering if there is a way to keep track of what product that my contacts have purchased from me...i.e. being able to lookup a product and brings up a list of all my contacts with that product and being able to get more details on that product like serial no., service history and such. I'm open to designing a possible new layout, just want to know how to...Appreciated for your input

Re: Product tracking

Yes there is a way to do that. you might need to go ahead and create a new feild for the product or else you could rename the user feilds under the Define Feilds menu and rename one according to your needs.

If you change the feild behaviour to set a trigger when a change is made to it then history gets generated wen you make a change in this feild and thus yu can later either do a lookup on that feild or do a keyword search and look into the histories.

Hope the above info works.
Regards,
Advantageact
Platinum Elite Contributor

I would expect some neat add-ons to do this easily when the next build is available

Yea i would hope so...Currently it seems that ACT can only do searches with words at the beginning, like if i type in "machine" it would bring up all the results that begin with "machine" and not other that may have "machine" as the 2nd or 3rd word
Nickel Elite Contributor

It depends on the type of lookup you are doing. The quick lookups from the menu are starts with as you have found. Then can be made to respond to contains or end with by using the % wild card. The advanced queries include several different operator types for more detailed queries.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Do you have any examples or is there an option to access these advanced queries? Very much appreciated
Platinum Elite Contributor