Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product Registration

Product Registration

I purchased ACT last year and loaded it on an old computer. Recently bought a new computer and loaded it, but it will not let me register to use. How do I fix this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Product Registration

Hello br2llc,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Your serial number may have reached the activation limit. Please send me your serial via Private Message in this forum and I will be glad to check this for you. To send me a message, click my user name on the left, then "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Did you get the private message?

Yes, and your serial number looks fine. In fact there was a successful activation on 4/2. What is the error message you are seeing when you attempt to register?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

That's what I thought, but its now asking me to register again. How can I get access to the databases?

When it prompts you to register, are you going through the activation process, and does it indicate you have successfully registered? And, if so, are you still getting prompted to register?

Greig Hollister

I havent been asked to register since the last time I loaded it onto the new computer. When I go to re-register, I'll go through the process and it'll tell me that I can't and there are 0 days remaining on the trial offer.

So when you try to activate on the new machine, it tells you can't. What is the specific error message? This will determine the course of action needed to resolve.

Greig Hollister

We are unable to register ACT! You can continue using ACT as a trial version for 0 days. To register at a later time, select "register" from the help menu.

There could be more than one possible cause for this error. If using a Windows 7 or Windows Vista machine, this most likely due to User Account Control blocking the activation. This and other causes are detailed in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1372...

Greig Hollister