Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Product List - How to include monthly revenues from service fees associated with product

Product List - How to include monthly revenues from service fees associated with product

We have a SaaS product with a revenue stream that consists of an installation fee, often amortized over many months as well as a monthly subscription fee.  The current product list options appears to only accommodate a one time sale of a product.  How can I add/record a recurring revenue stream resulting from a product sale?
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Product List - How to include monthly revenues from service fees associated with product

This is a good question, I had a client who asked me the same thing recently. Unfortunately there wasn't an easy answer to it. You are correct that the the Sales Opportunities in ACT! will only handle the one transaction. If you have, as my client did, multiple future transactions it would be a case of creating additional opportunities for each future revenue occurance. In my clients situation they had a yearly contract that was broken into 12 monthly installments. This required them to create 12 sales opportunities and adjust the estimated close date to a different month. This was time consuming, but the only way to do it with ACT! out of the box.

If you're revenues are re-occuring perhaps you could make a seperate sales process and just setup your opportunities for the recurring revenues saas product and just not clear them off. This would give you an idea of how much you would be due each month.

If you really wanted to build a solution in ACT! to do it properly I would suggest looking at the Durkin Toolkit or Topline Designer as they allow you to build custom funtcionality into ACT!.

http://toplineresults.com/products/toplinedesigner/index.htm

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTDurkinToolkit.aspx 

Darren Flood
ACT! Certified Consultant
Evolution Marketing;
ACT! Software
& CRM Consultants - Australia