Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Process development

Process development

We are new users of act for financial professionals, newest version. Is there anything in the software that allows you to setup a process? Ideally we would like to have something in the software where through the use of a function, a new client would follow a process that we would set up, step by step, and the software would schedule tasks automatically. I s this possible in the base AFFP oar do we need and add-on? Thanks.
Silver Contributor

Re: Process development

An addon is required for this feature. ACT is beginning to include seme workflow (called smarttasks) in the 2011 (v13) version of ACT.  In earlier versions, an add in is required.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I understand you probably can't endorse a particular product, but what is suggested for a workflow add-on?
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Ryande680,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

While Act 2010 (V12) doesn't have the Smart Tasks option, you may find the option for 'Activity Series' helpful in scheduling tasks.  An Activity Series is a set of steps to schedule activities (calls/meetings/to-do etc.) at predefined intervals.  Here is an article that explains how to setup an Activity Series: KB Article 13419

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

For what you are looking for I would look at SAM www.crmaddons.com as this can then be dependant on previous activites being completed.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.