Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with the new ACT 2009

Problems with the new ACT 2009

I just upgraded from Act 2006 version 8 to ACT 2009.

When going from anywhere in ACT 2009 to Company Detail, I had 512 mb of ram and it took 7-8 seconds, now with the new 2GB RAM, it still takes 5-6 seconds...................every time.  This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for any database. I only have 3012 companies and 1105 divisions.  I also have 8,500 contacts in my database.  When going from anywhere in the database to Contact List, Contact Detail or Company List, the change is almost immediate. I would like to have the same speed for going to Company Detail that I had in my ACT 2006 version 8.  I have the same companies that I have had for the last 2 years while using ACT 2006.

The only features that I use in ACT 2009 are the following: Company Detail, Company List, Contact Detail, Contact List. 
(Yes I said that I do not use email or opportunities or groups or attachments or the scheduler or reports or any other features>not one of them other than the above.  I make alot of calls and have my own reports and I really need the speed switching between these 4 windows in ACT - Company Detail, Company List, Contact Detail, Contact List.)

Any Ideas?