Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with linkage between ACT and Quotewerks

Problems with linkage between ACT and Quotewerks

ACT has lost linkage with quotewerks - essentially quotewerks can't see ACT in the machine.  QW tech support advised a couple of things and they didn't work.  Seems there is a deeper problem than jus tthe linkage.

One of the steps they advised is to run machineupdateconfig.exe.  This failed with the following messages:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
   at MachineConfigUpdater.ConfigFileUpdater.UpdateConfigFile()
   at MachineConfigUpdater.Program.Main(String[] args)

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue.  Seems like if I can get this to run, I can get back up and running again.

I have WIN 8.1 and ACT 16

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Problems with linkage between ACT and Quotewerks

I would start by changing the permissions to this file so that you have full access to it:

'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config'

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thanks.  I did go and change the permissions and tried again.  This time running the program, it just ran and closed.  No dialog or messages.  I assume that means it did it's thing OK.  I reinstalled the Quotewerks ACT link but still no joy.

Silver Super Contributor

I think your best bet is going to be working with QuoteWerks to get it resolved unless someone else sees your message and had it happen to them in the past.  I've installed QuoteWerks at a few of my clients but I haven't had the issue you're having so I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!