Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with SQL Server Act7.... and i'm at wits end!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! Can't get access to my DATABASE WHICH I USE EVERY DAY!

Problems with SQL Server Act7.... and i'm at wits end!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! Can't get access to my DATABASE WHICH I USE EVERY DAY!

okay, from one day to the next, my ACT refuses to load my database....

My first inital error message is :

"The Database (name of Database) could not be accessed,  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or server" 

I did my investigation.. and got to manually starting the SQL Server Act7,   and Bam.. Error message number 2!

"Windows Could not start the SQL Server (ACT7) on Local Computer. For More information, Review the System Event Log.  If this is a non-microsoft Service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 3417"

So I checked my Event Log  error/warning messages.... and I got message # 3!!!!

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] MSSQL$ACT7

- EventID 5159
      [ Qualifiers] 49152

Level 2

Task 2

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2010-09-08T17:32:09.000Z

EventRecordID 94889

Channel Application

Computer HOB-RAD

Security
- EventData
      23(Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
      C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\mastlog.ldf
      CheckLogBlockReadComplete
      27140000180000000D00000048004F0042002D005200410044005C004100430054003700000000000000

I made sure Nothing is compressed on my databases/...  the software only runs on my laptop.. and its set to local service.

Running Act 2007 9.01... here is my info in terms of my  SQL

ACT7

• Database Engine

[Version: 9.3.4035.00   Edition: Express Edition   Patch level: 9.3.4053   Language: English (United States)]

SQLEXPRESS

• Database Engine

[Version: 9.2.3042.00   Edition: Express Edition   Patch level: 9.2.3068   Language: English (United States)]

Common components

• Workstation Components

[Version: 9.3.4035.00   Edition: Express Edition   Patch level: 9.3.4053   Language: English (United States)]

I NEED HELP ON THIS ASAP!!!!! can anyone shed some light  on how I can resolve this issue...  I have all my sales contact numbers and info on ACT... and I can't access any of it..

do I need to uninstall SQL SERVER ACT7 and reinstall?     what about Sql SERVER express?  HELP HELP HELP!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problems with SQL Server Act7.... and i'm at wits end!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! Can't get access to my DATABASE WHICH I USE EVERY DAY!

Hello Promoguz,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Since this was working at one time - have you tried rebooting the computer?

If that doesn't help, the next step is to add exceptions to your Windows Firewall and disable any other Anti-Virus/Firewall programs and then attempt to start the SQL Server (Act7) service.

For list of exceptions to add, visit this article: KB Article 25125

If it still will not start, an uninstall/reinstall of Act! and SQL would be the next step.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems with SQL Server Act7.... and i'm at wits end!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! Can't get access to my DATABASE WHICH I USE EVERY DAY!

Hello promoguz,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community. It does sound like you have a damaged SQL installation. Try these two Knowledgebase articles to remove then recreate the ACT7 instance of SQL:

How to Manually Remove the ACT7 Instance of SQL Server 2005®

How to Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 (Express Edition) ACT7 Instance

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Its 2:35 AM... and Stilll no luck..

I tried uninstally SQL server 2005,  as well as SQL Server Act7... and always there was some sort of risidule exsistance of it...  tried manually.. etc.. and still there..

Tried.. Uninstalling ACT2007 9.0... and that was giving me more problems.. that wouldn't fully uninstall.. finally I got it to a point where it would ALLOW ME to reinstall ACT.. (the Uninstall program under my ACT directory wouldn't work... and REMOVING program via Control panel always left remenants of the program!...)

I reinstalled ACt.. but with some problems..  A) the sql 2005 server wouldn't install... because another "INSTANCE" of it already exsisted.. I tried how I can install with a different "INSTANCE NAME"... and no luck.... b)the EMAIL and EMAIL CONVERTER applications in ACT kept crashing during installing... "... C) I started ACT after reinstall.. and BACK to where I'm at.  

I really need to get my data for my clients...  I'm seriously panicing here!.... I need access to numbers and addresses and my notes and schedule! 

I need a sure fire way to get this thing fixed... 

how do a clean out all SQL.. SERVICES ETC.... and I mean thoroughly... even if I have to go manually and do so...and Reinstall act so it can work!!!!!

I even went through Microsoft and followed their instructions via Command lines.. to delete SQL's.. and I thought I was making headway.. but when it came to deleting my instances of SQL...  Nothing would happen. over and over again.

HEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!