Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Licensing

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Problems with Licensing

We have two PC's on a local network running Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 8.  One has the master database and the other sync's to it.  After the update to this version, every time we run either database we get a message: "You are not in compliance with Act! licensing terms.  The number of active users exceeds the number of licenses in this database".  Clicking on the Add Serial number link, a second pop up comes up with the Act licensing wizard but it says "Your license is activated".  How do we stop this message coming up - we do have valid licenses for both installations....

Interestingly enough, if we wait a bit when the first pop up window comes up scolding us for being out of compliance, the database opens anyway - almost as if the licensing check cannot keep up with the program start up.

We're running 64 bit Win10 Pro - nothing special.

Thanks

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Problems with Licensing

When you look at the Details on the Tools|Manage Users screen, does it indicate the correct number of licensed users.

For example, "There are enough licenses for 2 active users in this database".

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Problems with Licensing

Thanks Mark.  We plugged away at it and the problem went away on the PC with the remote database.  I think it managed to catch up with itself.  I'm not sure if the master is fixed yet - won't be able to check that yet but I suspect that will be OK now.  Still don't understand why it flagged the license issue but then confirmed it was OK in the next dialog.  Something was not quite lined up right somewhere after the update.

In answer to your question, the remote unit always showed one license and the master always showed two licenses.  First thing I checked.

Happy Holidays everyone!