Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Backup & Restore

Problems with Backup & Restore

Hi Guys,

I've been using ACT! V 10 on my laptop running Windows 7 for several months.

There is a problem with the wireless on my laptop so I had to restore it to factory settings.

Before I did this I backed up all my documents and made an ACT! database backup. I've also saved several other ACT! backups over the last few months.

Whe I tried to restore the latest backup - disaster!! ACT! keeps coming up with a variety of error messages, a big page of them saying can't fing backup file etc.

I eventually got a backup from January to restore and it looks OK. However I tried making a backup of this which seemed to work, "Back up succesfull" message etc. When I immediately tried to restore this it comes up with "folder does not contain backup file". When I looked at the folder in explorer, sure enough it's empty.

Any ideas, I'm getting a bit desperate!!

Regards,

Charles

charles.turner@btinternet.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problems with Backup & Restore

To help isolate the issue (database or program), try the following:

- Run Act! 'As Administrator', to do this: close Act! > right click on the Act! icon > select 'Run As Administrator' > Act! will open > test the backup and restore process

- Backup and restore a different database: either open the Act! Demo database or create a new one and test the backup/restore process with it.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Already tried "run as admin" without sucess.

Regards,

Charles

Platinum Super Contributor

Have you tried a different database?  (demo or new)
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

It's all a bit strange. I have been able to backup and restore the database I managed to open. There were about 6 backups on my PC but (my fault) not very recent. I can only manage to restore one of them and none of the backups I made  to DVD before I reset my laptop.

Best regards,

Charles