Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems recording emails sent from Outlook in ACT! 2011 history

Problems recording emails sent from Outlook in ACT! 2011 history

Hello,

I've been having problems when I try to Quick Attach or attach an email to ACT! from Outlook.  It works fine if my email preferences are to attach just the subject or subject and message only (i.e. a copy of the email is not saved in the history tab as an attachment).  But if I set the type of history to be recorded as "email subject, message and all attachments" it doesn't work.

I've checked that the ACT.Outlook.Service.exe is running OK (it is) - and it behaves as I'd expect when I switch off the service (a message is stored in the History Queue folder. I also checked that the registry settings for the History Queue folder are properly set (they are).

I also tried unintsalling ACT! completely by following this guide.  That didn't solve the problem.

I've run out of ideas now.  This is a big deal for me; I need to record emails that I send in Outlook in ACT! - actually I need to have it so that when I clcik on the attachment in the History tab it brings up a copy of the email.

It used to work until yesterday but then all of a sudden just stopped.  i have no idea why.  I haven't as far as I'm aware applied any service packs, hotfixes etc. to my computer, not even Outlook, Windows or ACT! ones.

I am running ACT! Pro 2011 on a Windows 7 machine (32 bit) with Outlook 2007.  Everything is fully patched up etc. 

Any ideas?!

Many thanks,

Tom

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems recording emails sent from Outlook in ACT! 2011 history

What build of ACT! (full build from help | about)?
Also, are you just using the Outlook client or the ACT! client connected to Outlook?

I think I heard of a similar issue with the ACT! client that Sage said they'll soon have a Hotfix to address.