Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems installing Act! Pro

Problems installing Act! Pro

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to install the Act! Pro trial version on a computer running Windows 8.1. When I run the installation programme, the SQL Server installer gets stuck at "Install_sql_engine_core_inst_Cpu64_Action".

I've tried re-installing Act and also Microsoft SQL but the problem persists. Help would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Problems installing Act! Pro

Hi Victoria,

Uninstall Act! and SQL and re-install using the "Run as Administrator" when you right click on the setup.exe file.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

It's still happening, even after running as administrator

Is this the standard answer for all install problems?  I am hanging at copying some image dlls when installing into a win7 sp1 vm in Parallels.  "run as administrator" chosen, no effect.  Do I need to uninstall first?  That was not mentioned in my thread I started.

I do not that I know all of what is happening. Have you tried Installing SQL manually. Act! could still be installed or not to do this. If you have not done it before, take your time with the Knowledge Base article. Easy it is Answer ID 26994. So forgive me if you tried this and moved on. It is I have seen this happeing recently and installing SQL manually worked.

Dave Moran

Act! Certified Consultant

USA NJ

(908) 627-1570

[ Edited ]

My errors disappeared after several reboots and Windows Update cycles.  While I have ACT! functioning now, it's still doing 20+ updates each time I reboot and check updates.  Keep rebooting and checking updates until there are no more updates to download and install, then reboot three times to make sure.  Now all those M$ painful memories in my deep dark forgotten past are coming back...