Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems installing ACT 2010

Problems installing ACT 2010

Hi

I've just had a PC refresh and am trying to reinstall ACT 2010 from DVD (was previously installed via trial download and unlocked). I've got all the minimum system requirements and I already have SQL Server Express 2005 and MSXML6 installed but when I try to install the software I get an error message:

A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\b1d5961cea07debb05bb\Setup\msxml6_x86.msi

while it's trying to install the SQL components. I've had a look at what it's unpacked to that folder and the file that is unpacked is called msxml6.msi, no _x86 so I'm not surprised that it can't find it. Because of that error the SQL doesn't install properly and it discontinues the installation process.

Any ideas? My next guess would be to try and install it from the trial version again and see if I have more success.

thanks!

Silver Contributor

Re: Problems installing ACT 2010

The Trial version is (should be) exactly the same. With the benefit of hindsite, you don't need to reinstall when you purchase, just enter your serial number.  (I"M not sure of your exact error message)
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider