Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems getting into database Please help.

Problems getting into database Please help.

Hi,

I can't get into my database. Here is the message I get when I try:

The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer.

I have ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

Bronze Contributor

Re: Problems getting into database Please help.

The most common reason I have found for this is that the SQL service is not running

Go to Start

Select run

Type and services.msc and click on OK

Go down and find SQL server (ACT7) and make sure this is started

If this is not the case try turning off your Firewall and Antivirus and see if you get the same answer otherwise come back here and l;et us know.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

[ Edited ]

I've tried what you just suggested, however I am getting this message " Windows could not start the SLQ Server (ACT7) on local computer. For more information, review systerm information log. If this is non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 3417."

Thank you very much!

-Brady Barton

I went into the start/run/services.msc/ok, and I found that SQL server (ACT7) is started.

Bronze Contributor

When you lookup this error code in Google it tends to indicate there is a problem with your SQL installation. I would suggest you remove and reinstall SQL and or ACT! as well. You will find some instructions on this in the knowledge base

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Bronze Contributor

If ACT7 service is started also make sure that the browser service is start (a couple of lines down further) as you will need both to open the database.

Paul Buchtmann

Hi,

It's me again. This time I bought a new computer, and I'm trying to move my database to it from the old one. I am using the restore as option to unzip the backup file that I created on the old machine and transferred to My Documents on the new one. I get a long error code that starts with something about the SQL instance database is unavailable. Do you have a solution?