Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems connecting ACT database 2011 Pro SP1

Problems connecting ACT database 2011 Pro SP1

I just got done formating my machine...reinstalled Window 7 64bit and upgraded to Office 2010 and then installed ACT 2011.

I continue to have problems with ACT! I renstalled ACT 2011 and installed SP1 and the latest hot fix....and I STILL CANT EVEN CONNECT TO MY ACT DATABASE!. This software is nothing but probems...but until I find a replacement I NEED to acces my databse. I am getting this message...

" The database blahblah cound not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connectiona and verify that your databse server is available. It may be neccessary to disable any firewall software on your computer on the server."

First of all...It a stand alone machine...the databse IS installed on the machine the software is installed on. Secondy I tried turning off the firewall to no avail....So Sage experts...now what!? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems connecting ACT database 2011 Pro SP1

Thank you....THe SQL Server Browser wasn't started. What would cause that to stop?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Many things .... usually not worth the effort to find out unless it happens repeatedly (which is rare)