Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Installing Act! (any version) on Windows 8.1

Problems Installing Act! (any version) on Windows 8.1

I purchased a new computer last year which came with Windows 8.1. I tried to move my ACT! Pro 2013 to the new computer (before the compatibility release).  It would not open or create ANY database due to SQL server issues.  I kept the old computer and used it to run ACT.  A year later and I decided to purchase an Act! update to Pro v17 and install on my Windows 8.1 machine.  I installed the trial version download from the Act website before the cash out lay.  The install went as expected.  The sample database did not open.  I tried to create a new database and received the following error message.  "Act encountered an error while performing your request.  Please contact your administrator for assistance."  

I now have two version of the SQL Server 2008 R2 and its components installed.  One for April 2013 when I tried to install Act! Pro 2013 and a new install from Act! Pro v17.  I tried to remove the SQL Server 2008 R2 programs to try a new install using the uninstall but the program/components would not uninstall.

I have been using Act! since 2001 and do not want to change, but I need help.

Re: Problems Installing Act! (any version) on Windows 8.1

I really need help with this problem. Act Pro 2013 v15 and Act Pro v17.