Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Installing ACT! 2009

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Problems Installing ACT! 2009

I've got a new to me computer and I'm having problems installing it on my computer.  It keeps freezing when it gets to the ActOutlookAddin.dll.

I'm on Windows 7 Pro N, I think it's the 64 bit version but not 100%.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kachristie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problems Installing ACT! 2009

Katrina,

To see if it is the disk itself, I have sent you a Private Note with download links for 2009.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Also I forgot to say the DemoSheild Player keeps not responding when I get to that point so not sure which of these things is tha cause.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Kachristie,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It may due to conflicts with other software.  To reduce possible conflicts, here is an article with instructions for installing ACT! in Windows Selective Startup: KB Articel 14173

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

I tried that but it still stopped at the Outlook addin bit.  Again I can hear the disc stopping at this point so not sure which one is the actual cause.  Could it be something to do with the disc?

Thanks for your help.

Katrina

Solution
Accepted by topic author kachristie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Katrina,

To see if it is the disk itself, I have sent you a Private Note with download links for 2009.

Greg Martin
Sage

It's downloaded and working fine so think it is the disk. 

Thank you so much for all your help.

Katrina

Hi Greg,

I have ACT! 2009 installed on my desktop computer at work; however, I am now using a work laptop.  The only thing misses to complete the transition to the laptop is ACT!  Our IT department has the ACT! Disk and I was hoping you may be able to give the download tool so I can download the 2009 version onto my new laptop and finally stop using my desktop.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks so much and happy Thursday!

All the best,

Mandi

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Mandi,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please send me your ACT! 2009 serial number via private message in this forum and I will be happy to provide the download link. To send me a private message, click my username on the left, then "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am having the same problem with getting past step 4.  I go to the browser and my email that I saved to the desk top doesnt work.  I have the demo version and it downloaded all my contacts, but it kept all the demo ones and I can't send email.  can anyone suggest something.

Thanks Adria

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Adria,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm not what the issue is that you are experiencing. Are you having trouble installing ACT! 2009 from a download? Do you need me to send you a new link? If so, please follow the instructions I provided in my reply to member "Mrs43" on 8/30/12.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.