Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Importing Outlook Files

Problems Importing Outlook Files

Hi all, I have looked around the archive and haven't found exactly what I need. I am a new ACT! 2007 user, and am trying to import my Outlook contacts, events, etc. ACT! is telling me it is unable to connect to Outlook. Any thoughts as to how to begin troubleshooting this? Apologies if it's a dumb question, and thanks for any help. Mike
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems Importing Outlook Files

Have you setup Outlook as your email client?
What version of Outlook?
What version of ACT! (from Help | about)?

I'm having the same problem. 

Outlook 2003
ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162

I can see Outlook e-mail through ACT, but I cannot import contacts from Outlook.

I get the following error:  "ACT! was unable to connect to Outlook."

Any ideas of the problem.

Have you set up Outlook as your email client?

Have you followed the steps in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2yj6e5

Yes, Outlook is setup as the email client and I can view the email through ACT.

And yes, I have followed the steps of http://tinyurl.com/2yj6e5 to try to import the contacts.  But right before I get to the mapping page, I get the error "ACT! was unable to connect with Outlook." and it takes me back to the "Additional Outlook Import Options" page.

Thanks, that worked.  Outlook file was bad.

It's amazing how many ACT! errors are actually damge in Microsoft components and not ACT! Smiley Very Happy

Not quite...!

Thanks for your valuable input, Mike, but I am experiencing the same issues.  I just purchased ACT and want to download my contact list from Outlook into ACT. I did the scanpst fix (fine idea, and it actually found an error) but still no cure.  I suspect that since my pst file is not in it's "normal" place (I have it in the mydocs files) that ACT can't find it.  Is there a way of changing where ACT is looking for the pst?

Thanks.

Never tried it. I would think ACT! is using the Outlook API, not accessing the PST directly - so only Outlook would need to know.

Do you get an error? If so, what is it?

If all else fails, you could try moving the PST to the default location and see what happens.