Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with restore as.....

Problem with restore as.....

I've just upgraded my pc to windows 8.1. I have just a personal computor, and I'm the only one using it. My act is 2009 11.0.

When I load the program, at one point it asks for an "sa" password. (system administrator?) I don't have one.... when I ignore it the download finishes. However when I try to restore as.... from my back up zip, it comes up with a page of onfo that can't copy or I would post it. It does show ( failed to open a connection to dtatbase, log in failed for user access, system data sql client sql exception : log in failed for user act access ) and another 30 lines of nightmare for me. Any help would be appreciated. I'm a contractor and use act in the simplest ways possable. It's much more than I need, but I have grown so used to it, and dependent on it.

Thx

Tony

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with restore as.....

Hi tony,

ACT 2009 is using SQL2005, and SQL 2005 is not supported by microsoft Windows 8.x  so you can not install the database that act2009 needs..   i am sure a IT greek may be able to build some way´s around but it will probably cost more then upgrading a one user ACT Licence

so i would strongly recomend to consider a upgrade to ACT16, this version is working fine with Windows 8.x

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Thank you for the reply. Act is really more than I need. So I installed it on my wifes windows 7 pro. It installed fine, but when I open the restored database, it says the database has been updated to work with a more current version of act. you must update your copy of act to open this database....?  When I try and update, it says I have the latest version of act......?

It was running on this same act when I backed it up?

thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

Platinum Elite Contributor

You likely need to install the hotfixes. They have to be downloaded and installed. While they don't change the version they may change the database schema. Go to www.act.com and download and install the applicabel hotfixes.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

you probably did update your ACT on the old pc, to ACT 11.1, as this is modifiying the database Structure, so you would have to download the SP1 for ACT 11, then you should be fine.

So the CD delivered normaly has ACT without the SP, and depending on when you installed it, it may have downloaded the SP1 while installing, and this feature may not be active anymore for ACT11

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040