Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with "Restore as," ACT Pro 2011

Problem with "Restore as," ACT Pro 2011

Hello All, 

I am trying to restore as from an act database backup.  I am using Act Pro 2011 on a Windows 7, 64bit machine.  My old machine is gone and all I have is this backup file, and the database files from the old machine but the ADF file is missing (I have the pad file and the database files).  

When I restore as I see the following screen.  Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.  Thanks!  

act-error.JPG

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with "Restore as," ACT Pro 2011

The PAD file contains nothing ... not worth keeping.

It could be that the ZIIP file is damaged ... can you open it with Winzip or similar?

I just tried to extract the backup zip file and winRAR is telling me that the BAK file is corrupt.... That doesn't sound good. 

I have this backup which I created through Act, and I have the actual database files but not the ADF file.  Any ideas?

Without the ADF, the only option might be to see if you can get the ZIP file repaired.

Just for future reference, I did this article on regularly checking the backups:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2012/12/taking-your-act-on-holiday.html

Hello wub51,
If the BAK file is corrupted, it will not be possible to restore your database from that file. To test this, follow the steps in this Knowledgebase article under the section "Restore Database Backup (.BAK) File" to try and manually restore that file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2760...

You will first need to download the ACT! Diagnostics tool from the File Attachments section near the bottom of the article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for the input.  Yes, I found that article but it did not work.  The bak file is corrupt.  I'm just accepting that I lost some data; about 3 months worth.  I'll need to be more redundant with my backups in the future.  Thanks for your help.