Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with mapping fields while importing a database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Problem with mapping fields while importing a database

Hope someone can help!

We have upgraded our software from ACT 2013 to ACTvs17 Pro. I have combined/imported 3 databases together and noticed there are several last  (last reach, last email, etc) fields missing from the import map. The last reach is very important since it helps with a big report that is done monthly. The ACT 2013 version had this field but the ACT vs17 does not. Is there a way to add or is this something I need to customize?

Thanks so much!

Tracy~

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tlrumsey
‎10-20-2015 08:35 AM
Administrator

Re: Problem with mapping fields while importing a database

Hi Tracy,

The 'last' fields you mention are not avaliable for import, only export.

You could create a cutom field for this data to go into on the import, but this wold then be a manual field and would not update like the 'last' fields do. Your big report could look at both the custom fields and the 'last' fields and use the one with the mort recent date, then when you next complete a history, the 'last' feild would be most up to date again and would work as normal.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tlrumsey
‎10-20-2015 08:35 AM
Administrator

Hi Tracy,

The 'last' fields you mention are not avaliable for import, only export.

You could create a cutom field for this data to go into on the import, but this wold then be a manual field and would not update like the 'last' fields do. Your big report could look at both the custom fields and the 'last' fields and use the one with the mort recent date, then when you next complete a history, the 'last' feild would be most up to date again and would work as normal.

Thanks so much Gary!

I assumed you had to map them in order to merge the 3 databases together.

You are a life savor!

Thanks so much!