Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with add-on: Automatic field calculations

Copper Contributor

Problem with add-on: Automatic field calculations

Hi

I am using Sage Act 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 with a private database on a local HD on a Windows 7 machine.

I revcently installed the Automatic field calculations add-on by Exponenciel.

I have changed the USER fields to decimal ( 5,2) so I can use those fields to do my calculations. I need to calculate percentages from amounts and add or substract the outcome ftom other amounts ( I cann't use field type currency as this automatically adds the $ sign and we use Euro's here).

I made a a calculation that simply multiplies: [User 2] * [User 3] and store the result in User 7

The value in User 2 is 937.50 and in user 3: 0.25 (25%) .

When I run the calculation an error occurs : Field length exceeded: Must contain at most  5 digits and 2 decimal places in both the User 2 and User 3 field.

This can't be a correct message as both 937.5 and 0.25 are within the limits the field must be able to handle.

What could be wrong here?

Remark: When I use field type: character these error messages do not occur but then I am unable to restrict to 2 decomals.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with add-on: Automatic field calculations

I would first try creating new fields rather than changing the data tyoe of existing fields and see if that helps. If that fails you need to contact Exponenciel for help with the add on.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

You can restrict it to 2 decimals using the Format function: Format([User 2]*[User 3];"0.00").

If you need more help, please contact us at http://www.exponenciel.com/customerservice.aspx

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Copper Contributor

Thank you, this realyy helps.