Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with a form

Problem with a form

I created a template for our company's monthly job tickets with two to a page. If there is only one line of information in a field, everything is ok, but if there are more lines, the entire field is moved so that the bottom form doesn't line up. I know I'm not asking this right but is there a way to fix the fields so they stay in the same place no matter how many lines of text are added? Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with a form

More information is required. Is this a report? A Word template?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

This is a form I created on Act Word Processor. I have a data base of our monthly jobs that I mail merge onto these forms. There are two to a page... one for us and one to be torn off and given to the customer. Sometimes the job information has two or more lines and when it does, the rest of the form is moved down so it doesn't line up on the second half of the paper.

With this being in the word processor there isn't any way to override what you're experiencing. If it was a report it would be possible th have the two parts print independently so the alignment would be retained.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That's kind of what I thought. I'll just go on moving stuff up or down as needed. Roy, thanks very much for trying to help. I really appreciate it. :-)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Do consider using an ACT report as it is capable of doing what you ask.

Thanks very much. I'll definitely check that out. :-)

A report is the only way to accomplish what you want. However the actual solution isn't simple. Most report templates would be subject to the same problem you have with the word processor template. There are a couple of possible ways to solve the problem but both require in depth knowledge of the report editor.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, thanks again. I've been making my system work for many years and while it's time-consuming, it does the job. I just thought I might be missing something and I thought I'd try the community. Many thanks for your help.

Highlighted

For what it's worth, I'm available to design custom report templates. If interested contact me off line.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129