Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with SQL 2005 - Act10

Problem with SQL 2005 - Act10

I am having difficulty with synching my data to my Blackberry using CompanionLink, getting an ACT error, and it appears the issue lies in my SQL database, as the ACT database works on other computers when I backup/restore.  I have run the repair tool both within ACT (I do that regularly every other week anyway) and the tool from the run prompt as well to no avail.

I attempted to uninstall ACT and then uninstall (using add/remove programs) the Act7 instance of SQL, then reinstall.  However, I could not then open my database using restore or restore as.  I finally had to recover using a ghost image to get a working ACT again.  It appears the SQL 2005 did not reinstall as it normally would if it were a clean install.

I've read the KB articles on completely removing the Act7 SQL 2005 instance, but as I don't have a standalone license for SQL, if I do that, I'm concerned I'll still have the same problem on reinstall, namely that the install SQL option is grayed out and ACT wouldn't reinstall automatically.

Suggestions?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Problem with SQL 2005 - Act10

If you did a ghost image then you are back to where you started.

I would make sure in services that the SQL and Browser service is running

Go to Start Run and type in services.msc

Then open ACTdiag and right click on your database and run the Database Rebuild options where there are 5 different options beginning at the bottom one. This should rebuild as well the OLE/DB options

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Paul,

Correct, I had to restore the image to get it back working again so I was starting from at least an operational ACT, though unable to synch with my BB.

Not sure I understand what you mean by opeing ACTdiag.  Could you explain that step a but further?

Amber

Copper Elite Contributor

ACTDiag is a diagnostic program supplied with ACT.. It exposes information about your SQL Server installation for ACT!

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

[ Edited ]

Sorry, was a momentary brain hiccup.  I've checked the Services list, and both the Act7 SQL and the SQL Browser are active.  I ran ACTDiag to rebuild database, all 5 options from the bottom up, both with the program open and closed, after both tried to synch and still am getting the same ACT error:

ACT API Error:  Could not load file or assembly ClxAct10Lists, Version=1.0.3016.20163, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm truly stumped here, as the same database works to synch on other computers with the same Desktop Manager, CompanionLink version and Blackberry, but need it to synch from here.

Amber