Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Product in Opportunities

Problem with Product in Opportunities

I have modified the Display Fields on Product in Opportunities to work with Real Estate transactions and commission calculations.  The original fields have all been removed from the input list.  When I try to add a product I can enter all the information and click ok, but it does nothing.  There is no record of the product I've just added and there are no error messages.  Any ideas?

Act! Pro v 16.2.14.0 Hot Fix 2

OS is Windows 7 Pro

Shared Database (I've tried on both the main computer and the remote computer with the same result)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with Product in Opportunities

What you're trying won't work. The oppertunity - products is a sub-table to the oppertunity table and has specific links between the products and the oppertunities. You should be able to see your additions to the products table in the products list view in the oppertunity detailsbut that would be the most you could do.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Problem with Product in Opportunities

Ok, now I've reverted to modifing the layout and putting the new fields I created in the heading.  But now when I make a change on the remote computer, it does not refresh on the main computer.  Also, the remote computer does not have the current version of the layout.  I'vd tried to sync now and refresh, restart ACT, but it doesn't change (i.e.: Field decimal changed from 5 after to 2 after).