Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Installation of Sage Act Pro 2012

Problem with Installation of Sage Act Pro 2012

March 28, 2015

I purchased Sage Act Pro 2012 and can’t get it installed. The system I’m trying to use has XP 3 and is 32 bit. Thought I’d try to shut down the firewall and disable the antivirus, but that did not work as well. The process looks like it is going to install; however, it snags when it starts the database installation. Every time, and in the exact same spot. It will not budge. I have reviewed the screen shot of how to do the install on a system like mine, but they are not the same as I see on my screen during the installation. I’m stumped. Anyone have some advice or direction?

Thanks.

Cole

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Problem with Installation of Sage Act Pro 2012

How long did you wait when it appeared to stall?

Have you run an older version of Act! on that machine or is this the first version of Act! you have installed?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Hello -

Yes, I have Act 6 installed on this system. The stall with Pro 2012 occurs right after it starts the SQL Server Status. By screen shots, the process goes like this:

1. Installation Process
  2. Preparing to install
  3. Reboot warning (Due to Word being open so I can take notes. Nothing has been open with any other attempt to install. No program or internet tabs.)
  4. Regional Version
  5. License Agreement
  6. Type of Install –Typical is pre-selected
  7. Please wait while SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup processes the current operation
  8. Installation Progress – Stall is within two minutes of this screen.

Would it help to see a screen shot of where the stall takes place?

Thank you for the reply to the post.

Penny

BTW - There is a #9 to the list above. This is the last message on the screen, as this is where the stall takes place.

9. Install_sql_engine_core_inst_Cpu32_Action

Again, thank you.

Penny

Silver Super Contributor

How long did you wait?  It takes a long time to install SQL and it can look like it is hanging while it is actually installing it.  Give it 30 minutes or so and see what happens.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Yeah. One of the installs was 6-7 hours. I decided to leave and let it try to complete the install giving it a great deal of time to complete the process. Did not work. I've been trying to find a resolve after this event. I've never had a problem with an install with this system...but here I am with this one.

Thanks.

Penny

Silver Super Contributor

Unfortunately SQL installation issues can be difficult and time consuming to resolve.  Your best bet is to uninstall anything that has SQL in it on your system, reboot and then reinstall.  If you are running any applications that use SQL that wouldn't work for you.  You could purchase the latest version and then purchase a 1 month support contract from Swiftpage and get their help getting it working.  Another option would be to hire an Act! Certified Consultant to get it working.  I realize that probably wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com