Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Import/Lookup

Problem with Import/Lookup

Let me start this off by saying I'm a novice with ACT!, Im using ACT 2008 and my problem is this.  I work for a conference producing company, and I get lists from our reseach department in the form of a .csv file...I import these files into ACT and map one of the columns to the User 2 field.  recently we have had a lot of duplicate records and we found out that the problem is that contact A (lets call him John) John is on one list under the code HL9000 (which is mapped to the user 2 field) then he is on  a seperate list under the code HL90001.  I need to be able to map this paticular column to a field that I'm able to lookup or search or whatever.  Is this possible?

Re: Problem with Import/Lookup

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am trying to find a solution to a problem when importing into Act 2008. It doesn't matter whetehr I try importing from Outlook, as a csv or text file, it just doesn't drop the correct info into the appropriate box. Somebody said there was a patch issued for this but cannot find. Does anyone out there know how to resolve? Can't find anything in forum. I am also a novice and thought i would try Act 2008 before committing to latest version.