Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Calendar View/Format

RX

Problem with Calendar View/Format

Hello. I am not a tech person but a long-time ACT user. We have a small network and one computer has a problem with the ACT calendar view but the other is fine. We have ACT 2008 version 10. My calendar shows a series of complete months in small format across the top of the screen. I cannot view today or this week. The months shown are for future years also. The schedule is there because I can see it on the other computer and there are referneces to the activities meetings etc but they cannot be viewed. The calendar is unuseable. Any similar experience or a fix??

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with Calendar View/Format

See this Knowledge Base article:

Calendar View Shows All Mini-Calendars

http://bit.ly/eR9pUh

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Can someone update this or one of the other many identical threads with a current solution link?

All lead to a dead end lookup of Sage articles - not even specific to ACT!

Platinum Elite Contributor

The problem detailed in the first messge in this thread is the result of corrupted preferences. The corruption is typically caused by having the screen fonts set to one of the large fonts settings. The screen fonts need to be set to normal (96dpi) and the preferences need to be deleted using the ACTdiag utility.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have tried this to no avail (DPI and resetting preferences). Also tried running an install repair, fully uninstalling and reinstalling.

If I login with the Active Directory profile of the affected user the calendar is messed up (no matter which ACT user I login to ACT with).

If I login with my own or any other active directory profile on the same PC without making any changes... it works fine. One user affected on one PC, I'm hesitant to let her try logging in a new PC in case her she somehow messes that one up too