Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Act for palm os version 2.0

Problem with Act for palm os version 2.0

I'm having an issue adding contacts to my subscription list, through the "Manage Subscription List" wizard.  I spent the better part of 7 hours Friday on the phone with tech support.  The determination was finally made that my database must be corrupted. After hanging up with support, I tried manipulating my Sync Set (something they had not had me try)  I deleted a sync set criteria for a field I had defined that has a date as the field type.  The operator was "Within Last (days)" and the value as 30.  This apparently was the problem, because now I'm not having issues with the subscription list.  The error message I kept getting was "Must declare variable "@NOW".  Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AND' "  The support people seemed to have never seen this error message before.  Is there anyone with programming knowledge who might understand this?  It is very important that I'm able to have a criteria dependent on calendar date.

Regards,

Jim
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with Act for palm os version 2.0

BTW: the full version of both the windows and the Palm versions of ACT!

Also, do you get the same error i trying to set up the demo database?

Hi.

Thanks for replying.  I'm using Act version Version 9.0.1.162, hotbox 1.  The version for Act for Palm is 2.0.2.169.  This problem is happening prior to sync.  It happens when I try and add contacts during Manage subscription List

Regards,

Jim

I get the same message in the demo database as well.  Remember, the field that seems to be affecting this, is a field I defined  myself.  I set up a custom field in the demo (as a date) and it still gave me the error message.

I'd try the demo database to test if it's database specific.

If the demo db works, then you should try a repair on the main database as per this ACT! knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/yr5wxe

It works if you use another field?

Can you try creating an Advanced Query with the same criteria to make sure it's not a query issue... you could even save the query and just load it in the sync dialog

Hi.

Thanks for your time on this.  I've been on the phone again with support.  It's looking like something specific to my computer.  Thanks for the help though.

Regards,

Jim