Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Act database

Tuned Listener

Problem with Act database

I get the following message when I "check and repair my database".

<< Unable to purge attachments.  Access to path 'Gold Benjamin 09-26-06 48d3bf67-6b5e-4801-a790-6de166d0ff48.doc' is denied.??

I have tried using Actdiag but that does not resolve the problem.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem with my database.

Thank you in advance,

Paul M.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with Act database

Check for that file in the Attachments folder in the Database Supplemental Files folder and make sure it isn't Read Only or that there isn't something blocking your access in the Windows security permissions.
Tuned Listener

Mike,

Thank you. It was a read only file.  That did the trick.

Paul M.

Great... many of the errors do tell you what the problem is and how to fix it :-)

I have similiar problem. Checked permissions , but did not solve issue.
Sync fails Unable to purge attachments. Access to path \\servername\PnPMaster-database files\attachments' is denied

I am able to save documents to folder from users computer.
Tuned Listener

In my case I followed Mike's advice.  I located the file in the Attachments folder in the Act Database folder.  I found that the file was a Read Only file as he suggested.  I unchecked the Read Only designation in the  Properties section (right click the file to find the Properites tab) of that file. I ran the check and repair on my Act database and every thing was fine. 

I hope this helps.

Paul M.

You need to check the permissions in each file. One of them will have something set that prevents this function

I still have problem. Read only is grayed out on attachments folder. I took "inhiert permissions" off copying permissions. Still unable to uncheck read only  property. Checked all files and none have read only checked. There are a number of shortcuts mapping to users computer.
Could this be the problem?

Problem resolved. I limited access to only Domain users. Removed the everyone group, added back  all users are able to sync without error.
FYI any error on sync, the Last successful sync date is not updated. If an error no matter how trivial, could lead to an expired remote DB. if error is not fixed.

mbram3 wrote:
FYI any error on sync, the Last successful sync date is not updated. If an error no matter how trivial, could lead to an expired remote DB. if error is not fixed.

There aren't "trivial" errors on sync... if there is an error, it will keep re-trying, but won't get past it.