Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Problem with Act Database

Tuned Listener
Posts: 14
Country: United States

Problem with Act Database

[ Edited ]

I received an error message when I performed routine maintenace on my Act 2009 database.

 

The first message starts with

 

"An invalid datetime value was encountered. Value exceeds the year 9999"

The next 14+ lines refer to Oject IDs could not be processed, Table Errors and consistency errors. 

I could not cut and paste the info so I will not list the info unless I am asked.

 

When I click ok on that message I get another message which reads:

 

"Controls created on one thread cannot be presented to a control on a different thread"

 

When I click ok on that message I get another message which reads:

 

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

 

How can I correct this error? 

 

Paul M

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Message Edited by prmclean on 12-23-2008 03:11 PM
Moderator
Posts: 4,395
Country: USA

Re: Problem with Act Database

Are you able to run maintenance on a different database?  Are you running this from with ACT! or actdiag?
Tuned Listener
Posts: 14
Country: United States

Re: Problem with Act Database

I am able to run maintenance on other databases.

 

The messages I listed are generated when I run maintenance.  I have also tried to run Actdiag but have had no success.

 

Paul M 

Moderator
Posts: 4,395
Country: USA

Re: Problem with Act Database

After speaking with database services, Object IDs refer to indexes.  So from within actdiag, run Reindex Database first, then your other repairs.

 

If that doesn't work, try creating an empty copy of the database, then import.  This will retain your custom fields, but you will have to copy your custom templates, reports, and layouts.

 

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures Using ACTDIAG

Tuned Listener
Posts: 14
Country: United States

Re: Problem with Act Database

Thank you for the quick response.  Unfortunately, your suggestions did not work.
 
I reindexed the database form within actdiag as you suggested and then ran all the repair options.  That did not fix the database.  I subsequently created an empty database and imported the damaged database into it.  Only 1452 records out of the 5543 records were imported.  I repeated the process and got the same result. I did make sure that I was importing all the records.
 
I tried the method previously after coming across the fix in another message on the board.  The result was exactly the same.  The same number of records were imported.  
 
I did come up with a work around. Not perfect but it worked.  I had an archived copy of the database which was only a month old.  I was able to import the records which were created from the date I archived the database to date I figured out the database was corrupted.  Luckily none of those records were damaged.  I lost all of history entries during that period but at least I had the records.
 
I learned that even though I backed up the database at least once each day that was not enough to ensure that I would not lose information.
 
Paul M