Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem transferring email to new computer

Problem transferring email to new computer

I have ACT! 2008 on a Windows XP computer. I just upgraded to a new computer with VISTA instead of XP. I loaded in ACT! and in the process renamed the database from Business to SAB. Everything went well.... EXCEPT...

I used the Transfer email function. I don't use Outlook, I use ACT's email client system. ACT! made a backup of the email database on the old computer, however it will not restore on the new computer. In fact, it wiped out what little data I had in the new email system.

This is a major problem for me and aggravates me slightly more than the fact that the ACT! Link for Pocket PC doesn't work with VISTA and transfer data between by TREO 700wx and ACT!

Any suggestions except upgrading to Outlook with BCM and scrapping ACT altogether? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem transferring email to new computer

I would advise contacting ACT! Technical Support or using the Live Chat tab in the Knowledgbase for assistance with recovering your emails.  Tech Support has an internal utility designed for this purpose.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem transferring email to new computer

Also, ACT! Link should work with Vista (depending on the OS of the Treo)... but a better solution might be to try the trial of Handheld Contact - download from the link