Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem opening Act! in XP

Problem opening Act! in XP

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue as "Problems Opening Act" in a previous topic but I'm running XP Professional on a MacBook Pro with Parallels 6.  It worked fine until my computer crashed. I reinstalled Parallels and all my other PC programs are working fine.

The error message says:

The database <Name> could not be accessed. In order to access the database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be neccessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or on the server.

Thanks!

Bruce

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem opening Act! in XP

Hello Bruce,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The first thing I would check is to see if the SQL Server (ACT7) service is running. Also, sometimes when a computer crashes, the machine name of the computer (in your case the Parallels O/S) is changed when you recover it. This would make the information in the database .PAD file invalid. Please see KB Article 19640 for details on these two suggestions as well as other possible causes.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.