Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem integrating Act 2011 Pro and Sage 50 Accounts 2014

Problem integrating Act 2011 Pro and Sage 50 Accounts 2014

Hi there,

We have ACT 2011 Pro and would like to integrate Sage Accounts 50 2014, however we get the following error when trying to integrate.

ACT! cannot perform the requested action. The SData service is either disabled or unavailable. To verfiy that the service is enabled, in the Accounting application, from the Tools menu, point to Internet Options, select the SData Setting tab. Ensure the service is ON. For further assistance contact your Administrator.

We have double checked and the SData service is running (restarted a few times) and the firewall setting are correct.

The Sage Accounts 50 data is hosted on a server but the application is installed on our individual PC's, so I assume the Accounting Server location stays at Your Computer, is this correct?

Is there something we are missing? Are there any additional updates that need to be applied to ACT! 2011 Pro?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards - Paul

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Problem integrating Act 2011 Pro and Sage 50 Accounts 2014

It is not clear from your post how you are attempting to integration ACT! 2011 and Sage 50.  Are you using the ACT!/Sage 50 integration utility called S50SalesData Sage 50 Link for Act!?

See http://www.effsolutions.com/accountinglinks.html

Phillip R. Price
ACT! Certified Consultant
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Bronze Elite Contributor

The UK Sage 50 Accounts is not the same product as the US, Sage 50 Accounting. What was Peachtree.

The only link I know of is that provided by Sage and uses Sages proprietry SData connection to Act!. Perhaps the support is from Sage UK for that link. Swifpage don't support it to best of my knowledge.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Super Contributor

When integrating I think you have to be an Act! Administrator.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

I have double checked and I am logged on as the ACT! administrator.

I have followed the integration guide for both pieces of software, see below.

Sage 50 2014

Tools>Internet Options>SData Settings> Sage 50 SData turned On, SData Service Staus is currently running and Firewall allowed.

ACT! 2014 Pro

Tools>Accounting Integration Setup>Accounting Server Location> and this is where is bombs out.

As far as I am aware there is no additional software I require in order to integrate, I have checked out your link and it does have many useful feature that could help with our business however I feel at the moment I need to get this issue resolved first.

I will definitely keep you details to hand for future reference though.

Regards

Paul John

I have been having similar issues in getting this to work with Sage 50 Accounts 2014 and Act! Premium 2012.

Upon running the Accounting Integration Setup it was giving me the same error when looking for the accounting server (Step 2 of 6).

I haven;t got much further in setting this up but thought that I'd share my findings. The following helped me get to step 3:

On Sage 50 Accounts I was accessing the company data using a path with a mapped drive (e.g. S:\COMPANY.000). I changed this to use a UNC path (e.g. \\SERVERNAME\SAGE\COMPANY.000).

After logging into the company and going to Tools -> Internet Options, clicking on the SData Settings tab and clicking on the Details button my company was listed with a http address where it wasn't previously.

Now running the integration setup and pointing at the accounts server lets me continue to the next step.

Hope this helps.