Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem installing Actlink for Palm for Act! version 10 (2008)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Problem installing Actlink for Palm for Act! version 10 (2008)

I have Act 10 (2008).  My Actlink for Palm OS stopped working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Actlink but get messages that where the install process (InstallHelperLink.exe) fails and sends the message to Microsoft.  When it moves on, to the "Select Database" screen in Act! Link for Palm OS.  The database displays as "fail".  I brouse to the PAD file and set the login ID and PW to the database.  The software displays that the software "could not complete the log-in process".  If I try to repeat the process (click Yes) the problem repeats.  If I clink No (skip the step).  The install apparrently completes successfully.  However, when I click on the Act! Link icon, I get a Windows error saying that the application (ActPalmLinkSetup.exe) fails. 

I have tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall the program with full shut downs between each process to make sure that there was no lingering problems.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jimh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Problem installing Actlink for Palm for Act! version 10 (2008)

From my experience with this error, I've had to uninstall ACT! software along with the link.  You may have to do the same.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jimh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

From my experience with this error, I've had to uninstall ACT! software along with the link.  You may have to do the same.
Copper Contributor

Help, I have have this problem persistently with ACT 2010, only on my laptop. I have unistalled and reinstalled ACT and ACT for Palm in every combination. I thought perhaps I had a problem because ACT 6.0 would not completely uninstall (conflict somehow when install ACT for Palm?), so I used the uninstaller program and cleaned out the ACT directory. I reinstalled ACT 2010, then ACT for Palm and rebooted. The databases were connected (an improvement), and the ACT for Palm database and overwrite commands were selected, but the Palm sync did not log onto ACT, only directly to Palm.

Then I got my "you have not installed any handheld applications" message when I accessed Handheld Set-up from ACT (for the zillionth time)

So, I tried to uninstall ACT for Palm and start over again, but now I fear I deleted some needed ACT for Palm file when I cleaned out the directory. because I cannot unistall ACT for Palm to start this process. It does not appear on the Progam List in Control Panel. Do I now need to uninstall Palm to uninstall ACT for Palm to start over.

This problem is hugely annoying, has taken at least a dozen hours or loading rebooting and reloading over many months and renders my laptop useless to sync.

Specific advice is welcome. I have all the latest versions of the software available. ACT and ACT BY Sage 2010 both show in the programs list, ACT will not unistall (but files are not in the ACT directory, only ACT For Windows with ACT 2010) and I get an error message that ACT for Palm needs to be uninstalled using the control panel, but it does not appear in the list, nor in the ACT directory.