Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem exporting contacts from excel.

Problem exporting contacts from excel.

Hello,

I have an end user who uses ACT! 2008 and we need him to export his contacts to excel for us. Unfortunately, he went out and bought it himself, and we have no idea how to use the program (and he's a remote staff member, so that makes troubleshooting more difficult). Anyway, I sent him a link to this Sage KB article  and he followed the directions. He then said that it only exported basic contact info... not his secondary contacts or notes about the contacts... 

Can someone detail to me how to export ALL contact information from ACT into Excel? If there's a way to print all of the contacts into a PDF that would work as well, but excel is preferred.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problem exporting contacts from excel.

Unfortunately Act! 2008 was only designed to export the field data for a contact, which does not include Notes, Histories, or Secondary contacts.

There are several Export add-ons available that may be able to get the data you need.  To view the certified Act! add-ons visit this link: Act! add-ons 

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Problem exporting contacts from excel.

Thanks for the response. Once I gained access to the user's system, I checked the help files to find that it could only export the desired fields to other ACT! databases. We'll check into these addons you mentioned though. Thanks for the help!