Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem embedding images into Template for mail merge

Problem embedding images into Template for mail merge

I use act primarily to send e-mail messages to clients/patrons.  I often use the template feature to create or modify .adt files.  I use text, hyperlinks and images (.jpgs only).  I always scale down the images in terms of resolution so that they will e-mail easily.  I only use Word to edit the .adt files.

When I send these e-mails out through mail merge the images look as they should, but some customers cannot see the images while others can.  The ones that can't see the images get a red outline of a box instead.  Often those who are able to see the images for the first time cannot see it on repeated viewings of the e-mail.

How do I fix this.  I have already seen an ACT solution, have implemented everything it suggests and it is still not working correctly.  For anyone that is interested I can send the e-mail with images so that you can see for yourself.

JR

Re: Problem embedding images into Template for mail merge

[ Edited ]

Embedding images in an email message involves adding the message into the text, much as they (images) appear on a website, rather than adding them as attachments. This is a good way to ensure that clients and business partners will see the images while reading the email. It also saves them the hassle of downloading or opening attachments. There several ways to embed photos in your email messages. Dragging and dropping an image into an email message works for most email clients and Web-based email services like Gmail and Yahoo Mail. Copying and pasting images, however, does not usually work with Web-based email services. Make sure your email client is configured to send a rich text or HTML message. Images can't be embedded in plain text messages.

Re: Problem embedding images into Template for mail merge

Hi, jimmy.

I wonder whether there are some professional 3rd party Imaging Toolkits can help with it? I am not so sure about it. But you can have a try. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron