Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem displaying calendars in ACT 2008

Problem displaying calendars in ACT 2008

I recently installed ACT 2008, moving from ACT 2006.  Upon first installation I was able to show calendar views with my meetings, calls, etc. Now I am not able to obtain these views, the display goes to mini calendars that randomly move into the future.  Currently the mini calendars are at year 2025 to 2117.  I cleared my preference file and this did not resolve my issue.  I have been trying to find assistance on the ACT software web site to no avail, they appear to be interested in selling you the program and then charging for tech support.

Any suggestions on where to look or what to do would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

bweybright

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Problem displaying calendars in ACT 2008

Take a look at the following kb article:

Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars

Thanks for the link.  I did try that suggestion.  I have since found conversations indicating this is a known bug for some laptops.  Which is a bummer for me as that is precisely my situation.  I have not found any information indicating Sage has published any fixes for the bug.  I did update my ACT to the most recent version of 2008 before deleting my preferences and that did not help either.

I may have to have to do a work around by downloading my info into Palm and forget ACT for calendar functions until they get their act together.

Thank you for your help.

Nickel Super Contributor

It can be an issue on certain, especially newer, laptops because more and more are coming with the DPI setting at 120 by default. If you have changed the dpi on your laptop per the kb article, the issue should not re-occur.

The issue with the DPI setting and issues with ACT is currently being worked on, however, a timeframe for the fix has not been given. 

Tuned Listener

What gives with this issue????

Over the past 4 months, I have had this issue recur over multiple times with multiple users.  I have checked that the DPI settings are correct.  What keeps causing this to occur?  Could it be the result of a recent Windows update?