Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem creating remote database "There is insufficient free space on disk volume 'c:\' to create the database"

Problem creating remote database "There is insufficient free space on disk volume 'c:\' to create the database"

Using Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, shared database on server, and trying to create a remote DB for one user, but during creation I get the following message "There is insufficient free space on disk volume 'c:\' to create the database", even though I am attempting to create the database on an external flash drive.

Why do I need the resources available on the C drive if the remote DB is supposed to be created elsewhere?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem creating remote database "There is insufficient free space on disk volume 'c:\' to create the database"

The remote database is initially assembled as a set of temp files and the actual remote database is created from those temp files.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer

Re: Problem creating remote database "There is insufficient free space on disk volume 'c:\' to create the database"

I see. Thank you.

Is there a way to designate a different location for temporarily storing those files? Maybe another drive on the network?