Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem connecting with other PCs.

Problem connecting with other PCs.

Over the past few months we have had an issue where ACT will not load on other computers outside of the main one.  I was told that ACT had to be up and running on the main computer, then the other ones were allowed to open the database.  In the morning when the first person gets here, they can not log into the main database without first restarting the main computer.  I am not sure if this is an issue with the firewall or not because the PC stays on all night, just hibernates, and nothing is different from when I leave until the time I get here, but for some reason, you still have to restart in order to get ACT to work on the other systems.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Any help would be appreciated.  -  Evan
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem connecting with other PCs.

Hibernating can stop the SQL service.

You should either disable the hibernation or turn off the server and make sure you start it before any user starts their system.

Thanks GL, I will give that a try this weekend and see if it works. =)

Well I still seem to be having issues.  I turned off the hibernate mode and ACT is still loosing its connections to other until my PC is rebooted.  Any other advice?