Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem - Upgrade ACT 2007 database in ACT 2010 isn't working

Master Commentator

Problem - Upgrade ACT 2007 database in ACT 2010 isn't working

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a database that is in 2007 format. When I try to open it in 2010, I get a message saying that the db could not be access, to check the network (it's on my laptops hard drive) or firewall.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Tracy

Update: I just tried to open the same database on my win xp laptop and did not have a problem. Vista is driving me nuts!

I'd still like to know how to get vista to play nicer with act 2010.

I found the following in act's help file.

That is the error message that I get on my vista laptop.

The problem is, I don't know vista.

Windows defender is installed (It had to of come installed on the laptop when I bought it, because I didn't install it)

I figured out how to disable it and did so.

I looked in the "programs and features" section of the control panel and did not see any anti virus software,

What I can't figure out in the instructions below is where I am suppose add the folders in bold below.

I did not see a exclusion list in windows defender .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Databases - connections, opening, sharing

After updating to the current version, I receive an error message when I attempt to open the databa...

The error message says:

The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer.

Reasons for this problem include:

• Windows firewalls and/or antivirus software are interfering with the ability to share the database.

Solution

Temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software.

After the firewall software is disabled, you may need to add the following files to the firewall Exclusion list (or ensure that these files are granted full access): C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\ and C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\ActSage.exe. If disabling the Windows (or other) firewall software does not resolve the issue, you will need to temporarily disable your antivirus software.

See Windows Help and your antivirus software documentation for more information.

Message Edited by training2go on 10-03-2009 10:25 PM
Message Edited by training2go on 10-03-2009 11:08 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem - Upgrade ACT 2007 database in ACT 2010 isn't working

First thing I would make sure that User Account Control (UAC) is disabled. Instructions for doing this are in KB Article 20220.

You can also view a list of possible causes and solutions for the error in KB Article 19640

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.