Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem - Creating a Report gathering specific information by User

Problem - Creating a Report gathering specific information by User

I use ACT in the in financial services industry.  We have 6 users using the database.  I am trying to write a report that will filter - Last Meeting and Last Call BY USER.  These fields are automatically updated whenever any of the users records information.   I can write reports that will gather the requesting information over a specific time periods (Last Week or Last Month for example).  I would like the report to gather Last Meeting or Last Contact filtered for only the selected users.  Is there a way to filter information for the meeting held or call completed for ONLY the last entry by user rather than a time period???  Any ideas?????

Thank You
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Problem - Creating a Report gathering specific information by User

Six months ago, I would have told you that it could not be done with the ACT! report generator. Since then I have been able to create a version of the Notes/History report for my custom report package that lists only the most recent Call Completed, Meeting Held, To-do Done and Note for the selected date range. I was able to accomplish this through some fairly complex scripting in the report template. I should be able to create the report template that you want without too much trouble.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Nice to see you were able to do it Roy.

What will it take for us to use Crystal Reports to pull data from ACT! 2009?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Just use the OLEDB data source.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Avid Listener

[ Edited ]

Roy,

Can you tell me how to make this report? I'm a fairly new user of ACT and I'm learning how to create custom reports, but for some reason, I am having trouble with this one...

Thanks,

Message Edited by abatchelor on 10-06-2009 07:18 AM
AB