Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pro 2012 now asking for Username & Password

Pro 2012 now asking for Username & Password

Hello...I'm running ACT! 2012 Pro on a Windows 7 Pro (64bit) machine.....got the following error when trying to re-index & backup:

"Cannot insert duplicate key row in object "sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'...error 2601"

I Installed the latest version of the ACTdiag tool & ran it as prescribed..."ran successfully", so I restarted my machine...opened ACT! and attempted to reindex, but it errored out...I ran the extra utility to attempt to correct the error (didn't work)...closed & reopend ACT! to try again but this time it came up asking for a Username & Password - I never set one....I tried leaving the Username blank but it seems to require a name, even if you don't have a password.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Pro 2012 now asking for Username & Password

Hey there

The password can be blank, however you can't create a database without a User name, so when the database was first created a user name would have been entered.  Try different combinations of your name with no password.

When you say you ran ActDiag as prescribed I assume you mean you referred to some solutions from a knowledge base article.

KB Reference Article

My other question would be, have you successfully created a previous backup of this database?  Also, can you either create a new test database and back it up, or back up the demo database without error?

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au