Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pro 2012 integration with Google

Pro 2012 integration with Google

Calendar integration with Google causes duplicate, triplicate and quadruplicate entries in BOTH calendars, rendering both unusable.  Google integration is only one I've done (not Outlook as well), so that's not the problem.  I've tried making adjustments and, of course, ACT support is not available to me unless I want to pay $99 per incident.  Can anybody help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Pro 2012 integration with Google

Is Google also syncing with a phone? I find that's one easy way to cause this

Thanks for your quick response.  Yes, Google is synching with a phone.  So is there a fix?

I never find it reliable to use to sync to a phone... for that, I'd always go with Handheld Contact
www.HandheldContact.com

I'm not syncing ACT to the phone.  I'm syncing Google apps to the phone so I get email and calendar.  Now I am trying to synch the same Google calendar with the ACT calendar through Tools/Google Integration.  When I do that with calendar is when I get the multiple duplicates.  Ideally I want the ACT calendar and the Google calendar to synch and for my Google calendar to be visible/useable on PC and phone.  Shouldn't I be able to do that?

The problem is that Google has a way of changing the identifiers seemingly at random when connected to a phone - then ACT! can't tell if it's the same item or new.

That's why I only recommend Handheld Contact to sync to the phone directly

Ok, appreciate your comments, but can you help me (low to medium tech savy) with a fix?  Is it:

1. turn off Google calendar sync with phone (somehow?)?
  2. buy and install Handheld Connect to sync ACT with phone?
  3. sync Google calendar with ACT ?

Isn't it the middle of the night where you are?

If you want reliability, go with 2 - www.HanheldContact.com

If you want, then sync ACT! with Google, one-way only (from ACT!)

Hi I am having EXACTLY the same problem with ACT and Google calander entries syncing..

I ended up with 89 entries for the same meeting in my Act calander, Google calander and Iphone calander! 

it drove me crazy, can i ask you what solution you found usefull?

I use Iphone calander sync with google, google mail on IE9 and ACT calander on Windows server 2003.

Have you used the Handheld program?

Sorry for the delay in my response.  We had this little storm here in New Jersey. 

I've not found a solution to the duplicate, triplicate, and more calendar entries.  I use Google Calendar, ACT Pro 2012 and an Android Samsung phone.  No answer previously received adequately addressed a fix.