Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pro 2012 - Locking fields

Pro 2012 - Locking fields

Hello all. I'm new to the board, the software, and started using an established ACT database a few weeks ago. I'm looking for some help understanding how to lock fields. We are using Pro 2012.

Here's what I think I know...the admin can set a field's security level to read only. That would keep the field from accidentally being changed. What I'm unclear on is if setting a field's security to read only will enforce that across ALL contacts or if it can be set for each individual contact.

Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Pro 2012 - Locking fields

If you're using the Pro version field level security isn't an option. You would need to upgrade to the premium version for that capability.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for the response.

Can I safely assume that locking a specific contact is also not an option?  Is that available in the Premium edition?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Other than making a contact private, you would need the premium version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

In Premium users will either be able to access the record or not, records can not be set to "read only" at the record level.

At the field level you can assign "read only".  So, it takes some work, but you can make a record "read only" if you set up all of the fields to be read only for certain users and/or teams...