Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pro 2011 and Attachment Failure

Pro 2011 and Attachment Failure

Hello.  Have Pro 2011, Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.  I use Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010.  Database on my local machine.

Am sole user, Administrator, and have Admin settings to allow attachment of documents and emails.

My questions:

1. What do I need to do to attach documents or emails to a contact?
  2. Might the issue be related to Hot Fix 2?  I see a Hot Fix 6 (though, comments from 1-2 years ago), so I am uncertain if I even have the latest Fix. Though Act! Update in Help assures me that I have the latest version.

Thank you.

Jim Boyd

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Pro 2011 and Attachment Failure

Jim,
Can you describe what happens when you attempt to attach documents? Or emails?
-Are you getting an error?
-How are you attempting to attach documents?
-How are you attempting to attach emails?
Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Thank you for your response/interest.

Specifically, when I wish to attach, say, a Word document to a contact record, the following is the process:

1.  I click the Documents tab, add Document, and add a File;
  2.  I then go to the document (have tried it both open and closed) and click on it;
  3.  When I do so, I receive the error msg "Failed to attach the file to the datastore".

With respect to emails, when I go through the process of attempting to attach/quick attach (to my own record in my test attempts) an email I have sent to someone, I simply see no evidence that it has done so.

Further, when I see the Add Document tab active (green dot and + sign), the "Remove Document", "Edit Document", "Map to Excel", and "E-mail Document" are all greyed out.

Am I providing you the info you need?  Thanks again.

Jim Boyd

Platinum Super Contributor

Jim,

This is generally a permissions type of issue.  Here is an article addressing the 'Failed to attach' error: KB Article 14386

Since emails are 'attachments', correcting the document issue will most likely resolve the email issue.

Greg Martin
Sage