Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing labels - "Unable to perform XSLT merge"

Printing labels - "Unable to perform XSLT merge"

[ Edited ]

My Act locked me out earlier this week which was put right by Swiftpage, but left me with this problem?

My Act is broken ;-(

Thanks in advance 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing labels - "Unable to perform XSLT merge"

Have you checked to see if the problem is database specific? Try running a report with the ACTdemo database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy - It doesn't work in the demo database either
Nickel Contributor

There is an old forum link for this, but there seems to be no resolution in it (http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Error-when-printing-envelope/td-p/72444

Try logging on the machine as a different windows user to see if it profile related as it may just be a case of deleting teh ACT! preferences. 

Have you tried un-installing ACT! and then re-installing it as maybe something is damaged with the installation?

You haven't mentioned what version of ACT! you are using,  Office and the operating system you are using. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

So it's not database specific. The ACT! reports which include the labels are composed of two parts, the human interface which includes the filtering and the editor and the actual report engine. It would appear that the report engine isn't able to connect to the database tables. This could be related to your earlier problem or it could indicate damage to the report engine itself. I don't like to suggest uninstall/reinstall of the ACT! program unless that;s clearly indicated. In this case I think an uninstall/reinstall might be indicated.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129