Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing help!

Printing help!

Hello All,

I am new to Act and so far I am impressed apart from one issue.

I have created a document which I have converted to a template file by changing the file extension to *.adt. The document is 6 A4 pages printed duplex and folded and stapled (all by the printer) to create a A5 sized catalogue .One of the pages has address fields so I can just pop in a C5 window envelope and frank. 

It all printed, folded stapled fine when in word but when used as a mail merge template just prints on single sided pages.

No matter what settings I try to change it still prints out single sided unfolded and un-stapled. 

If I created the template from Act rather than Word would this help??

Sage 2009, Word 2007, Toshiba Estudio 2500c printer.

Thanks in advance

Andskill

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Printing help!

The merge to MS Word in ACT! does not have the sophistication of a merge in the native product, MS Word. ACT! creates the merge as one document, not individual documents. Perhaps look on the ACT! add-on sites for something.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

How about if I sent direct to the printer rather than to Word?

Thanks

Andskill

Bronze Elite Contributor

Never tried it...not brave enough...:-) I would think it would be no different.

Graeme Leo

So limited to word with no publisher templates. Inability to change printer settings. Maybe a bit of a pig in a poke!
Bronze Elite Contributor

A pig in a poke was quite prized in the Middle Ages..:-)

More like a limitation that applies to the heritage and scale of the product. ACT! is an off the shelf, popular product at low cost so it does not have the same degree of depth of development in the advanced requirements you have. It comes down to cost to provide the level of integration and sophistication you are looking for. It is easy to imagine that it should perform the function as if it were MS Word which already does it, however it takes huge resources to keep ACT! up to date with ever advancing complexity of function with products it integrates with.      

Graeme Leo

I think you will find that a pig in a poke replaced the suckling pig with either a cat or a rat - hardly prized!

Yes guess my expectations are too high - hey I only spent £1.8K on software - guess I should be grateful for what I have received. I just imagined that it was 2009 instead of 1989. 

Don't get me wrong. All the bits that work are very good but the bits that don't are very frustrating.

Andskill.