Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing contact reports

Printing contact reports

I create databases for trade shows we participate at.  When I try to print the contact report with the notes, the printer cache only receives 12 of the 88 contacts for example.  I’m sure it is a function of the filter in some way but I can’t correct it?  Can anyone tell me how to get all the contacts to print as a contact report?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Printing contact reports

The contact report defaults to not printing the contact record if all the sub-reports (activities, notes, history, opportunity) are empty. On a newly inserted contact record, they would be empty. You can edit the contact report by going to Reports | Edit Template and opening the Contact report. Then display the preferences dialog if not already showing by pressing F4. Then click on the Detail section and change the Hide on Empty Subreport property to No.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Thank you Roy.

Hello Roy,

i'm having problems with the Reports in ACT!

it's not showing any information for a user although there are records where i found that the user is the Record Manager.

I changed the Properties on the HideOnEmpty to No as well as on the subreport of the Contact Report and History Summary Report.

and it's still blank. only thing i get is just a little info on the user which is the contact record for the Contact Report.

Please help. I am baffled.

Platinum Elite Contributor

That sounds like a problem with the filter settings when you run the report. There are user selections to be made on the general tab and all the other tabs.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

?

either All Users or selected users this particular user is not showing anything.

how do i check as i don't see any filter set

Without checking your report template and how you are using it, I can't say what may be the problem.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

it's just the canned reports in ACT! under Reports.

Any one of them does not show any data for a particualar user.

We had some issues with the update to v10.0.3 with the MSLink (ACT! link with MAS).

and applied some fixes.

Such as DBFixer.exe.

But i can't imagine this would have caused the report to work on Tuesday and stopped working since Wednesday.

Have you done database maintenance?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yes of course.

i'm running another now though since we did another "sync" and clean-up with the MSLink update.